Wikipedia Trail: From Vahanas to Parvati

 

Parvati, her son, and her vahana: Wikipedia


I started with the vahanas because that is what my storybook is about. Many gods have vahanas that show a variety of animals. I was curious about the list of deities that used animal mounts, which led me to my next article.


After looking over the list, a couple of deities caught my eye in particular. I decided to click on Devi, which is the Sanskrit term for goddess. As I find goddess figures to be really intriguing, I was excited to learn about them and their vahanas.


On this Wikipedia page, there are many goddesses that caught my eye. Many, if not all, of the goddesses I clicked on had vahanas. I found Parvati's vahana the most interesting, so I clicked on her.


Parvati is the Hindu goddess for love, fertility, beauty, and other things similar in nature. In Hinduism, she is the mother-goddess. She is usually seen with her mount, Dawon. Dawon is typically a lion, but sometimes he is a tiger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Ashley!

Week 7 Story: The Game of Dice