Topic Brainstorm

 Indra, The Thunder God


I found Indra really interesting because he is a God that is in both the Ramayana and Mahabharata. I honestly did not know anything about Indra. I think I will enjoy learning about his elephant, horse, and thunderbolt weapon. Indra is also in Buddhism under the name Shakra/Shakka. Overall, I find the topic of Gods very interesting. I think I would want to tell stories about his elephant, horse, and thunderbolt weapon.


I chose Surya because he has sons that are in the Ramayana and Mahabharata. I do not have any prior knowledge of Surya. One interesting thing I read about Surya was that he is usually shown with seven horses. These horses represent the seven days and seven colors. I believe reading more about Surya's importance in both books we will be reading will be fascinating. I believe stories about Surya's importance to astronomy would be a good topic.


For the first week's assignment, I did a story that was about Hanuman. In the story I read, Hanuman thought the sun was a fruit and wanted to eat it. He would always try to grab the sun to eat it, but he obviously could never reach it. I think reading more stories about Hanuman like this one will be very interesting.  Retelling stories about Hanuman, such as the one I have described here, and reimagining them to be about a common topic (maybe food?) would be compelling.


Vahanas of the Gods means the animals they ride on. As I find both animals and Gods and interesting topic, I think I would really enjoy this. I know one animal is Indra the thunder god's elephant Airavata. Airavata is known to be the King of Elephants. Learning about different mounts like Airavata would be very interesting. Retelling the stories of the different animals might be fun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Ashley!

Week 7 Story: The Game of Dice