Time Strategies

                                                                            Time Management: Exit Strategies

The articles I read for time management was The Important Habit of Just Starting by Jory Mackay and The Myth of "Too Busy" by Tim Grahl. One thing I found to be helpful in the Mackay article is the fact she points out that not starting work is more painful than actually starting it! I find this to be very true, as I might plan on working and then sit on my phone looking at Twitter or Instagram. Once I realize the time that has gone by, I feel guilty for not doing work. I am typically a hard worker, so I tend to start working once I realize how much I have procrastinated.  Mackay also mentioned that one should schedule when to start working, which I find to be very true. I did this whenever I took 10 hours worth of summer courses and found it beneficial. I would plan even small things and found that I would spend LESS time than I thought and was more productive throughout the day. I highly recommend this strategy.

In the article by Grahl, I appreciated how blunt he was about our lives are truly not too busy. We spend a lot of time claiming we are busy, but how "busy" are we actually? I find myself claiming I am really busy, but find myself looking at social media or playing games. I believe planning out work you need to do for the day will highly combat this, as you should gain more time from using your time wisely.

I believe the challenges I will have this semester is based on reading. I am in 3 reading intensive courses as well as conducting research. This research also includes reading and writing, so I will definitely have to pace myself accordingly for these courses and their deadlines. Hopefully these time management strategies will help me be successful for this semester and for my future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Ashley!

Week 7 Story: The Game of Dice