Storybook Favorites and Inspiration

 The Epics of Food

Paige's Storybook

The Sun Mango: Max Pixel

This storybook used stories that incorporated food as inspiration. What drew me to this particular storybook was the overall layout. I enjoyed how each section was its own food with a picture, as I was unfamiliar with most of the foods. The introduction also was interesting, as it described the stories and how the Gods interacted with the foods that were mentioned. Overall, I believe this is a well done storybook, as it was aesthetically pleasing, was easy and enjoyable to read, and it was easy to navigate.


Tales of Tails

The Animals of Hindu Mythology

Manu and the Fish: Wikimedia Commons

As an animal lover, this storybook immediately caught my eye. I enjoyed the layout of the storybook, as it was easy to navigate, as well as reading the stories. The pictures at the beginning of each story, especially Manu, helped me imagine the story as I read. I also had a laugh at the title of this storybook as it is a play on words that is animal themed, which I thought was clever. Overall, this storybook was one of my favorites due to its clever design and well done story writing that made me feel as if I was reading a children's storybook about animals.


 Borgin & Burkes

The Ancient Relics of Borgin & Burkes

Borgin & Burkes: flickr

Having been to Borgin & Burkes at Universal Studios as well as being a Harry Potter fan, I immediately knew this would be a storybook favorite. The introduction was creative and captured the magical world of Harry Potter while also incorporating unique items from Hindu epics. I also enjoyed reading the story because based on what the Hindu item did, the author would choose a Harry Potter character that matched that inclination. In the story I read, the author chose Tom Riddle since Ashwatthama's Gem would bring him power. Overall, I really enjoyed the demeanor of this storybook as well as the creativity.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Ashley!

Week 7 Story: The Game of Dice