Capri, Italy...One of My Favorite Places

 Capri, Italy

Capri was one of my favorite places I visited when I went to Italy. It was less touristy, being an island, as well as having beautiful sights. One of the sights that I remember vividly is the Blue Grotto. I was taken into this cave by a small boat where we had to lay down to enter. Once inside, the light would shine into the cave and make the water seem to glow. It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.


Capri is an island near the Sorrento Peninsula: Pixabay
Photo taken by me!


Comments

  1. You are the first person writing about a favorite place in Italy, Ashley... but I am sure you will not be the last! I went to graduate school for a while in Siena, Italy: so much beauty all around.
    And in terms of a link to India: grottoes and caves are a big part of architectural history in India with these amazing temples built into the mountains, in caves, etc. ... maybe that is something you will explore (virtually, ha ha) this semester: Indian rock-cut architecture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to visit places that had Indian rock-cut architecture! It is so impressive and beautiful. I know there are cave temples in Badami, India that are impressive.

      Delete
    2. Yes yes yes! And even better... Badami is named for a character in the Ramayana! In Sanskrit, he is Vatapi; here's the story if you are curious. :-)
      Rama Visits Agastya ... a little weird out of context, but when you get to that in the reading, that's Badami!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Ashley!

Week 7 Story: The Game of Dice